CLS stands for ‘Canadian Lumber Standard’, as it was originally manufactured in Canada and used for building sturdy timber-framed houses, subsequently it became a popular option in the UK, too. CLS is produced from kiln dried Spruce (whitewood), planed and finished with eased edges to precise tolerances and in accordance with British Standards to either C16 or C24 grade.
CLS Timber is the perfect product for internal stud walling and stud partitioning as it is surfaced on all four sides and has radiused edges.
- Height/depth: 38mm
- Width: 89mm
- Length: 3000mm
- A versatile timber typically used for a variety of internal structural projects
- Split and twist resistant
- Free of large dead knots that lead to snapping and warping
- Worldwide approval
- Responsibly sourced
- All sizes are approximate to +/- 3mm range
- More size options available in our extensive range
- Some changes in size should be expected as wood naturally expands and contracts depending on the moisture content of the environment